We are excited to announce that JTC will reopen on June 1st
Thank you to all of our members who have supported us during this challenging time. Our top priority is the safety of our tennis players and staff so there will be some changes on how everything will work at JTC.
From June 1-6, JTC will only be open for court time rental as well as private lessons. To schedule a court reservation for next week, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once we open June 1st, you may make reservations through the front desk either in person or over the phone at (785)749-3200.
If your group has had permanent court time in the past, please let us know ASAP if you plan to start back up.
If you would like to take a private lesson, please arrange that with the coach of your choice. During private lessons, the pros will be the only people touching or picking up the balls. If you would like to work on your serve during your lesson, please bring some tennis balls from home to do so.
We are hoping to start clinics back up on June 8th but will not make a decision on this until at least mid-week of our reopening.
IMPORTANT: There is a new liability waiver that everyone must sign prior to playing tennis at JTC. Click here to complete the waiver online. We will also have copies available at the front desk.
- Please arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before your scheduled court time or clinic. When you are done playing, please exit the facility in a timely manner.
- Restrooms will be available to use but the changing area in the locker rooms as well as the showers will be off limits at this time.
- If you would like a towel, please bring one from home as our towel service will be unavailable.
- The ice machine and drinking fountains will be off limits so please bring your own water or you can purchase a bottle of water at the pro shop.
- Demo racquets will not be available to use so please bring your own. Racquets may still be purchased and restringing services will be open in the pro shop.
JTC tennis balls, carts, and hoppers will only be used by JTC staff. We recommend if you are playing doubles or singles that each person has a couple tennis balls for serving. When you are done serving, your tennis balls should go back in your pocket or bag until the next time you serve. You may bring your own tennis balls from home or we have new cans available for purchase at the front desk. The goal is to not have multiple people touching the same tennis balls when playing.
- The ball machine will be available for rental. We will clean the machine as well as the hopper for ball pick up when each person is done with their reservation.
- Playsight will only be available for the pros during their lessons at this time.
- Masks are not required when entering or exiting the facility, but we encourage you to wear them.
There will also be multiple hand sanitizing stations around the club for your use.
SUMMER 2020 HOURS:
Monday – Thursday: Open 8:00AM – 8:00PM
Friday – Saturday: Open 8:00AM – 6:00PM
Thank you in advance for your patience with us as we work though this reopening process. We can’t wait to see everyone again back at the club!
Stay Healthy & ROCKCHALK,
Jayhawk Tennis Center